|Energy (kcal)||336 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1401 kJ|
|Protein (g)||8.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||35.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||25.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||6.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||9.9 g|
|Fat (g)||19.0 g|
|Saturated Fat (g)||3.0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat (g)||15.1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat (g)||8.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat (g)||2.2 g|
|Trans Fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||409 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.02 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||935 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||36.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||101 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.29 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||544 mg|
Falafel with Aubergine Dip
Falafel with Aubergine Dip | Healthy Snack Recipes - Flora ProActiv
Middle Eastern meals are well known for their health benefits with their selections of ingredients. The falafel with aubergine dip is a great light meal or starter.
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 40g Flora pro.activ Buttery
- Pinch paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pitta bread to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas mark 6.
- For the aubergine dip, cut the aubergine in half lengthways, place on baking sheet and brush with oil. Roast in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Grill the pepper until skin has blackened. Cool and then peel off skin. Remove seeds and finely chop flesh. Place in a bowl with garlic, Flora ProActiv Buttery spread, spices and herbs.
- Spoon out aubergine flesh, chop finely and add to bowl. Mix well and season to taste.
- For the falafel, place all ingredients except for oil in a food processor and blend until smooth or the texture you prefer. Form the mix into small balls and flatten slightly.
- Brush with the oil and bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve both the aubergine and falafel with salad, in pitta breads or with crudités. Both can be kept in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.