|Saturated Fat (g)||3.0|
Overnight Oats, a healthy breakfast to start your day
Containing 1 of your five a day in the fresh fruit you throw in and oats, which contain beta glucans that have been shown to lower cholesterol*, this recipe is a great start to your day.
- 15g of Walnuts finely chopped
- 15g (approx. 1 tablespoon) Mixed Seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower and linseed
- 40g Oats
- 30g (1 heaped tablespoon) of Dried Fruit, such as raisins or apricots
- 125ml Flora ProActiv Skimmed Milk Drink
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 80g Fresh Fruit, such as strawberries
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except for the fresh fruit
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight
- In the morning remove the oats from the fridge and add fresh fruit of your choice
- Loosen with a bit of extra milk or low-fat plain yoghurt if desired and enjoy
*Although high in total fat, this recipe is mostly the unsaturated type that we should be eating more of. It is low in saturated fat.
**There are no free (or added) sugars in this recipe. Remember we don’t need to worry about the sugars in fruit or milk, this isn’t the type that we should be cutting down on.